[PD] DirectX (Audio)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 2 19:30:28 CEST 2002

Hi smoerk,

Portaudio does support directX, but you can't (yet) compile a program
that switches from one portaudio implementation to another... you'd have
to build a whole separate Pd release with directX instead of ASIO (which
is what portaudio is currently doing for Pd.)  Just download portaudio,
and in Pd replace the ASIO files with the DirectX ones, recompile and
enjoy.  I think portaudio is working towards being able to switch APIs
at run time, and when that comes out I'll make fix Pd to use it.

cheers
Miller