[PD] numbers and keyname

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 6 01:37:18 CEST 2002

Hi sme,

Thanks for flagging this...  it's an ugly problem I didn't know about..
the IEMGUIS are unbinding themselves from a symbol "#keyname" while in
the middle of handling a message through the same symbol.  It will take
some time to figure out a good fix for this!  Meantime, if you can switch
to "number" you won't have the problem (but I know you'll have to do something
to replace the "send/receive" feature of numbox2, probably using "graph
on parent" to hide connections.  Ugly...

I'll try to figure out what to do about the main problem, but it's too
complicated a fix for me to put in a "patch" release because I think fixing it
might indroduce subsidiary bugs.

cheers
Miller