[PD-dev] pure-data CVS

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Sat Aug 10 13:30:31 CEST 2002

I read:
> BTW, what does Pd right now if there are two identical objects?

there is noc such thing as two identical objects once [name~] is loaded
all references to it will call name_tilde_new() pd will simply not try
to load another object (or abstraction) wiht that name.

> Does the one win that is loaded into Pd first?

of course see above

> (I gues the order is Pd core objects -> libraries
> -> single externals -> abstractions ?)

no the order is the order of your path and lib flags (of course the core
objects will always be there since they are loaded at startup) and (at least
for abstractions) . comes first in the search path)

regards,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)