[PD] gem packaging bugs

Artem Baguinski artm at nerve.v2.nl
Mon Aug 12 03:24:53 CEST 2002

Artem Baguinski(artm at nerve.v2.nl)@2002.08.12 01:12:17 +0000:
> > ...well right here I'd say you need to get version 0.87, then try and
> > see how compiling that works...
> >
> > http://gem.iem.at/
>
> i rewrote the package so it fetches 0.87, now it won't compile, because
> it won't find libmpeg3, because [i guess] its detection is severly
> commented out, because there's apparently no libmpeg3 in debian
> (right?).
>
> on the other hand there is libmpeg3 on my machine, that's why [i guess]
> configure gets confused...
>
> it's a bit of a bug report then. i'm gonna try to uncomment those lines
> and compile gem and see what will happen.

1. there is config.cache in the package, with old paths inside,
configure buys it and make complains later

2. there are non-critical typos in configure.in, like the first line
after comments, what does it do there, and it is unfinished (no backtick
in the end). and also couple of times AC_ARG_WITH with second parameter
"   ", results in weird strings in the beginning of configure, bash
complains, but it doesnt do any harm.

3. in Makefile.in (i had to do autoconf myself to restore libmpeg3
detection) PREFIX is hard coded, should be PREFIX=@prefix@

after fixing all that i have the same old misbehaviour:

reading startup file: /home/buggs/.pdrc
GEM: IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: ver: 0.87
GEM: compiled: Aug 12 2002
audio I/O error history:
seconds ago     error type
error: GEM: Unable to create single buffer window
error: GEM: Error creating const context
error: GEM: A serious error occured creating const Context
error: GEM: Do not continue!
MAN: create window
GEM: Start rendering
GEM: Stop rendering