[PD] buffering

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 13 21:36:01 CEST 2002

      i'm writing a convolution module; for my purposes now, but in the
future i hope to make it dynamic so that anybody can use it with any
number of FIRs with relative ease. right now i have the problem of
having the array of samples inside of the patch, and i need to output them
one by one via the outlet.

      secondly, i'm not so sure how CPU intensive this will be, but it
might be a good idea to buffer the output to the soundcard. i don't  have
the slightest clue as to how to do this! and also how do i regulate how
many samples per second are being sent through? i know it's built in to be
at 44.1K/s, so maybe my question should be how to make the buffer larger
and have a delay? anyway i don't know what i'm talking about so any help
on any of this stuff is much appreciated,

                                            scott

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981