[PD] Does someone have a working program to communicate with Pd over UDP?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 16 23:21:34 CEST 2002

HI Soeren,

Thanks for catching the closesocket() name clash... I would have hit
that one pretty soon myself!

I don't see anything wrong with what you did (but "foo;" will do nothing
... instead of the command line write "foo hi there;" to the program's
input (on the command prompt window) once it's running.

Maybe, just maybe, it needs "localhost" or <machine name> instead of
127.0.0.1, but that's just a desperate guess.  If Pd ruins at all, then
"10093" can't just mean "sorry, no network"... because Pd uses exactly
the same mechanism to talk to its own GUI.

baffled...

Miller