[PD] Local "variable" names question + messages

Michal Seta mis at creazone.com
Mon Aug 19 08:17:53 CEST 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:28:02 -0400 (EDT)
JaReK <myszewsk at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

> I attempted to write to files the contents of arrays using the message
> object,
> however, when I reference $1-pitch.txt inside a message box (as a
> filename I wish to write to), there's a
> problem. $1 no longer pertains to the name I gave to the 'paattern', it
> pertains to the message context itself (I'm not exactly sure to what).
>

> Is there a way to get around this context issue? How to pass the the
> message box the name of patch this message box resides in?

see attachments.
- pattern is the abstraction
- pattern-test is a patch that uses instances of the abstraction

HTH.

--
./MiS

Michal Seta		http://creazone.eworldmusic.com/doc/mis
CreaZone		http://www.creazone.com
No One Receiving	http://www.noonereceiving.32k.org

upcoming release:
NOR - "The Release of the Wandering-Eyed Girl"
	http://www.grainofsound.com