[PD] using rme multiface under pd

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Aug 19 11:36:57 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "rizhome _--__---_" <thirdlevelplay at hotmail.com>
To: <pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 11:18 AM
Subject: [PD] using rme multiface under pd

> greetings,
>
> i finally got myself a laptop and now for making some noise with it I was
> think about buying a RME hammerfall dsp multiface with a cardbus interface
> (pcmcia slot connection - OS WinXP) - infos:
> http://www.rme-audio.de/english/index.htm
> it seems like a good choice to me but does anyone have experience with
using
> such a soundcard under pd ?!

Hi,
it's good choice, no doubt. I am using the Multiface under Windows and
MacOS.

With PD, you can use all channels with the provided MME drivers, but the
latency is far too high for live electronics.
It may be fine for just playing music, though.
I have had no luck with the -asio option but i hope the PD ASIO support will
stabilize soon.

hope that helps,
Thomas