[PD] using rme multiface under pd

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Aug 19 14:12:50 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Maybe you are using the ASIO Multimedia or the ASIO DirectX driver? Did
you
> select the right ASIO device?  If you didn't and have Cubase or Nuendo on
> your PC this is very likely to be your problem.

in the meantime i tried around and succeeded to get it running, even
multi-channel. I'm using the native RME ASIO driver.
It's very sensible, though. Playing around with the parameters (changing the
buffer-size during operation etc.) occasionally resulted in bluescreens,
which is normally rare under XP.

> The latency is selected in the HDSP settings program.

Yes and no... it's the I/O buffer size that you select... the portaudio
library used by PD imposes some more latency.

> I don't know the latency I use by heart, and I'm on a different machine.
But
> it is more like 6ms than 30ms.

I measured it with the latency.pd patch provided with the newer pd versions.
It gives me 33 ms at 48 kHz/256 samples buffer size.

greetings,
Thomas