[PD] using rme multiface under pd

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Mon Aug 19 19:45:39 CEST 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Thomas Grill wrote:

> It's very sensible, though. Playing around with the parameters (changing the
> buffer-size during operation etc.) occasionally resulted in bluescreens,
> which is normally rare under XP.

I've seen changing the buffersize resulting in crashes too. For the rest
it appears stable to me.

> > The latency is selected in the HDSP settings program.
>
> Yes and no... it's the I/O buffer size that you select... the portaudio
> library used by PD imposes some more latency.

I didn't know about this patch. Nice. I get 37ms at 44.1kHz and 28.6ms at
96kHz. I also use 256 sample buffers.
I just "discovered" that the "-audiobuf" flag is used in ASIO too. I
wrongly assumed it was only there for MME.

> > I don't know the latency I use by heart, and I'm on a different machine.
> But
> > it is more like 6ms than 30ms.

I was assuming that only the HDSP buffer was there.

> I measured it with the latency.pd patch provided with the newer pd versions.
> It gives me 33 ms at 48 kHz/256 samples buffer size.

Thanks for pointing me to this patch.

regards,
Johannes