[PD] newbie questions about fiddle

Timothy Nicol trnic1 at student.monash.edu
Tue Aug 20 05:35:37 CEST 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to PD, and I have discovered the pitch detection
object "fiddle~" and was wondering if anybody could help me
with a couple of questions.

What format is the "raw pitch" output in?  When inputed with say a
220Hz wave, the raw pitch and cooked pitch output show around 57.
How is this number related to the input frequency in hertz?  The
individual sinusoidal components seem to be in hertz.

Also what does the term "cooked pitch" actually mean?

If anybody could help, it would be much appreciated.

thanks,

-Tim