dollar signs and subpatches (was Re: [PD] Local "variable" names question + messages)

David N G McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Tue Aug 20 18:53:51 CEST 2002

	Does Max behave this way as well?

	I think this method probably works fine if the parent patch is an
abstraction where creation aguments have been specified. But if the parent
isn't an abstraction then there are no arguments for the subpatch to
take. So it would be nice in this case to specify subpatch arguments on
creation of the subpatch.

	The reason that I bring this all up is that if I want to do
repetitive tasks in a patch without using external abstractions I would
just like to create a subpatch that I can copy/paste with different
arguments.

	But, actually, if there are more elegant ways to go about this
then I'm all ears. :)

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.           and Noise Maker
. http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.