[PD] in my external

Carlo E. Prelz fluido at fluido.as
Fri Aug 23 07:16:48 CEST 2002

	Subject: [PD] in my external
	Date: gio, ago 22, 2002 at 04:32:58 -0700

Quoting J. Scott Hildebrand (jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu):

>          in my external i have an in1++ going into an array of samples,
> but the weird thing is i get the audio file playing back even though i
> don't have any out1++ specified in the perform function at all! do i not
> need an out1++?

Only if you want the outlet of your external to be used as input for
other modules. Actually, this is only useful if you modify the signal
in any way, so that the modified outlet of your module is the reason
for it being there (for example, in the clip~ module).

The audio result is whatever you feed to the appropriate dac~
module(s).

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido at fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe