[PD] oh yeah

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Sat Aug 24 03:14:40 CEST 2002

hi,

well, we already explained that what is actually received in a perform
routine
is a block of n samples not always 256 !!

the n value within a patch is set by a [block~ N] object,
where N is a power of two
( can be 256 or anything, you don't know
how your object will be used ).

next, if you want to store audio blocks in a 256 array,
you've got to have a counter which reminds your writing position
like :

{
t_int counter;
}

..._perform( ...... )
{

     for(i=0; i<n; i++)
     {
        aleftout[counter] = *(in1++);
        counter=(counter+1)%256;
        arightout[counter] = *(in2++);
        counter=(counter+1)%256;
     }

}

restitution is the same problem reverted.

bye,

sevy/yves