[PD] with rme hammerfall dsp on linux

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Mon Aug 26 01:45:38 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

So I'm trying to ween myself off windows and get my hardware running under
linux.

Everything is go now, with the exception of my hammerfall dsp.  The alsa
driver is still a little "experimental" as the euphemism goes... but when I
do get it running I can get it to make sound with aplay.  However, I can't
get it running with pd.  I haven't been able to make much sense of the
asoundrc format yet, so my asoundrc just sets up some aliases for the hdsp
(which is card 1 in my system, card 0 is the built in sound).