Fw: [PD] Maya Asio problem

João M Pais jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon Aug 26 14:32:30 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to help a friend which uses pd but is not on the list. I would
like to ask the following question:

I'm trying to use a Audiotrak Maya44 soundboard to get four outchannels. We
use the normal drivers in windows 98 and it works, but in pd .34 the output
comes only in stereo, either between the 1st and 2nd channels, or 3rd and
4th, or both mixed (1+3 and 2+4), never in 4 independent channels.

I'm not sure if the problem is with the configuration flags, or a problem
with the driver.
Should I use "pd -channels 4", or "pd autiooutdev x,x"? Should I also use
"-asio"?
I've tried with the option -channels 4, both with no result. Should this
option only say how many channels are necessary, or specify also which?

Does anybody use this soundboard, and if so, has met this error? The card is
ASIO compatible (version 2.0), but does pd uses the asio device
automatically, or is necessary some kind of installation? (as I said, normal
windows programs work with 4 tracks)

Thank you very much,

Klaus Schedl