[PD] irc

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 27 02:52:02 CEST 2002

      this IRC business requires people to know how to use IRC/MIRC, and
also go through the trouble of opening up the software and getting into
the right channel. to tell you the truth it might be difficult for me to
do. i've used IRC before but i don't think it's a very efficient medium
for the Pd userbase.

      how about IM or ICQ? i think that aol IM is the best option because
it's easy for anybody to use on any machine with a java-enabled browser.
however i've had some trouble using it in mozilla so i use it in netscape.
of course you can always install the software.

                   http://www.aim.com/other/quick_buddy.adp

      all you need to do is register a screen name, and then you'd
probably want to create a buddy folder for Pd folks. it's extremely
simple; if you can use pd you can definitely use instant messenger.

                        scott

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> i've just visited DalNet's #puredata and stayed there for a
> while. There was only one user...
>
> ... and it was me.
>
> i invite puredata users to come join us on IRC.FreeNode.Net, where there
> are 1-5 users depending on the time of the day.

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981