[PD] FIR filter design

MLN Kazem, Aerospace Engineering M.Kazem at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Aug 27 15:47:15 CEST 2002

Joco

did you sort the equation out? - I have just read your email and am
confused about your equation - do you mean
y[n] = ax[n] + bx[n-1] + cx[n-2] + ....
x[n] being the digital input to the FIR (x[n-1] being the input
delayed by 1 time sample) and a,b,c being the coefficients of the
impulse response of the filter that you require, the number of
coefficients therefore dictating the final x[n-?] delay that is
required to implement the FIR - ie convolution of input and FIR?
I presume to dictate cut-off freq of the FIR you are going to have to
work in the freq domain as opposed to the time domain - or at least for
the calculation- or am I getting very confused here??
just interested

Mandy