[PD] joypad as controller

Ricardo Climent R.Climent at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Tue Aug 27 21:49:49 CEST 2002

> For PD this Joystick->Midi converter wouldn't be necessary: There
> already
> are two joystick externals, one in GGEE and one by J. Sarlo. BTW:
> Which one is better? I only used the one in GGEE yet. It's strange,
> that Reaktor seems to miss a Joystick interface, if I understand this
> correctly.

I use Joseph A. Sarlo's joystick external on a USB joystick and XP to do real-
time manipulation of the sample rate and r-t filtering; saving experiments onto
hardisk. It works very well. The external recognises all the joystick buttons
(4+1) when loaded and the x/y movement also works at the resolution mentioned
below. I hope to try this soon on RedHatLinux 7.3 + planet ccrma which I just
got installed.
Have you ever tried a serial joystick? I could not make mine to work. I also
have experienced the USB joystick on CPS software but I found the shareware
license uncomfortable (although it is a good piece of software)

Ricardo