[PD] block size

bsaylor at macalester.edu bsaylor at macalester.edu
Wed Aug 28 02:43:20 CEST 2002

Sorry - by inlet~ I meant the inlet of the patch/subpatch, not the
block~ object.  Say the signal going into the patch is:

1 3 5 7 9 2 4 6 8 0

If there is a [block~ 4 2] inside that patch, the first signal block
that comes from the patch's inlet is

1 3 5 7
 the next is
    5 7 9 2
     then
        9 2 4 6
         and so on.

The outlet of the patch overlaps and adds these blocks, so if you just
had the inlet connected directly to the outlet, you'd get

1 3 (5+5) (7+7) (9+9) (2+2) ...

from the patch's outlet.

Ben