[PD] name collisions, namespaces ..

Juha Vehviläinen jusu at acoustics.hut.fi
Wed Aug 28 09:00:04 CEST 2002

More:

If a patch uses gem and zexy, which both have abs~, and I'd wish
to use abs~ from zexy, I would make an abstraction with [zexy]
and [abs~] in it, and name it zexyabs~ or whatever.

This would shift the trouble of resolving namecollisions from
developers to end-users, which I find very reasonable.

(since the problem is, in the first case, which object
I want to USE.)

cheers
Juha