[PD] name collisions, namespaces ..

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed Aug 28 09:45:28 CEST 2002

Juha Vehviläinen schrieb:

> More:
>
> If a patch uses gem and zexy, which both have abs~, and I'd wish
> to use abs~ from zexy, I would make an abstraction with [zexy]
> and [abs~] in it, and name it zexyabs~ or whatever.

Hi Juha,

have you tried this? - My experience - at least on win - is, that once
you loaded an external into Pd it is available to any patch you open
(even ofter closing the patch you originally used it in)! This would
mean that after having loaded a zexy* abstraction all other abstractions
would know about the zexy objects as well. One needs to restart Pd to
get rid of it....

Olaf