Fw: [PD] name collisions, namespaces ..

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Aug 28 14:59:58 CEST 2002

Thomas Grill wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>>namespacing-mechanism ([zexy::abs~] vs. [Gem::abs~]) would have to be
>
> Please!! Let's not use :: as the : is reserved in MacOS and then i can't
> emulate the namespace features for Max.
> Let's use . which is already common.

sorry.
what i tried to make clear is, that we will finish up again in the
explicit namespaces (no matter which delimiters are used)

but sill, i don't like the idea of "." very much, it is to
filename-like. i'd prefer another (not used in everyday-life) delimiter,
but cannot think of one (right now ?)

anyhow, my repeated use of "the already discussed namespacing problem"
was intended, because it was not my intention to start another long
discussion about namespacing (that will end up in ":: would be so great
because we already know this from oop-langs like c++" vs. "no, i cannot
type this on my mac. let's use . instead")
still, he problem is unsolved and has to be fixed sometimes

mfg.dsa.dr
IOhannes

(running the risk of asking a asked question again, but:) how do
mac-people program seriously without ":" ???