[PD] Access grid

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at ryerson.ca
Fri Aug 30 15:31:02 CEST 2002

Hello there,

Well as it happens my fulltime job is R&D dealing with the AccessGrid
system. I experienced with tcl/tk, but just a bigginer with C. Anyhow
I've looked into VIC (the video tool accessgrid uses) which is a quite
eclectic mix of many languages. Including, tcl/tk, otcl, tclcl and C++
(In the case of AG proper they also threw in Java) all these interfaces
talk to one and other to actually do anything, The real code is C++ for
the video. I've not figured out how the video is embeded into the
tcl/tk interface (perhaps somewhere between otcl and tclcl) I do use
gem over AG often though, by sending the X11 display over accessgrid as
illustrated in the following images. The large video pane on the right
is the compressed accessgrid version of the gem render.

http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/GEMoverAG2.jpg
http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/hypertext_ag1.jpg
http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/hypertext_ag2.jpg

My research lab is on AG 24-7 you can see us at "Ryerson University"
usually sitting in the "test room" Occationally I can be seen as "B.
Bogart"

Ben