[PD] freshmeat.net

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 30 19:07:46 CEST 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Miller Puckette wrote:
> ... and on this subject, note also  Mathieu's own project, GridFlow,
> which extends tilde networks to handle video and multidimensional arrays...
> runs on jMax not Pd but Pd should have something like this someday.
> (I think Cycling74's new Jitter is based on the same idea too.)

GridFlow does not use the tilde network. Multidimensional arrays are
streamed through the message network as normal sequences. Video is done by
sending one frame at a time as a 3-D array of dimensions {rows, columns,
channels}.

Pixonix does use the tilde network to implement a continuous 32 bpp RGBA
video stream, but it'll take a long time before you see it on PD.

Jitter looks pretty much like GridFlow except they have this kind of
distinction between dimensions and planes which i'm not too sure about,
and they have a breathtaking number of complex objects, but at the same
time, lacking several powerful mathematical objects that i consider
fundamental.