[PD] with rme hammerfall dsp on linux

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Sep 3 13:19:04 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I just found out that the new pd version works with the OSS
emulation. But I get xruns when moving the mouse and think it's due to
the low buffersize. Increasing fragsize doesn't help. pd can't set it
and reports an error on stdout ("OSS: requested audio buffer size
... limited to ...").

Setting different buffer sizes works with Stefan Kerstens sndlib hack
of pd (which in turn doesn't yet support full duplex), so I know the
hdsp audio card and the driver are capable of it.

Is it not implemented in the OSS support of the driver or can it be
fixed within pd? Can anybody help?

--
Orm