[PD] [OT] Sensitivity to timbre and adequacy of instruments to musics

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Sep 3 16:58:38 CEST 2002

hi,
midi has maybe not enough possibilities to give a natural sound of an
instrument, maybe more important than the notes is the phrasing and
intonation, and also the sound of the midi instruments is still cheap.
the problem is also, that if you have different effects, you would also play
different articulation/phrasing. maybe you should make live-recordings with
studio musicians using variating timbres and changing instruments and play
them to the people.
marius.