[PD] installing PD

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Sep 3 20:39:15 CEST 2002

hmm,
which soundcard are you using? you could have a list of them by typing
"pd -listdev". maybe then try to select a certain soundcard with
"-soundindev 1 -soundoutdev 1". or try just "pd -noadc" which doesn't open a
sound-input-device. there could be problems, when another program is also
using the soundcard, but then you actually would also receive a message like
"the card is already in use...". so that can´t be the problem. it could also
be that the card is not fast enough and therefore stucks. then you could set
"pd -audiobuf 200" or even more. but you also could try to use the
asio-driver by typing "pd -asio". good luck. marius.