[PD] order of object evaluation -> featurewish

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Thu Sep 5 22:16:47 CEST 2002

> Is there any way to change the order in which the objects are evaluated
> other than
> deleting the too early one and inserting it again?
> For the kind of work that I am doing that would couse havoc in most of
> the cases.
> Apart from that I find it very inconvinient, that the program does not
> give any imformation
> on that important matter. (hope I did not overlook some important
> feature here)

It may not be the best solution either, but MaxMSP does it in a right to
left order regarding the x coordinates of the objects.
That way one immediately knows the order of execution. The drawback is, that
with complicated patches editing (moving around objects) often destroys this
order irreversibly.
I think hiding the ordering number inside a property dialog is still to
incommodious.
One solution could be to have a special editing mode where the order is
indicated by numbers (or colors?) upon the objects for each branching of
cords.