[PD] shoutcast~ mono stream

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Sep 6 21:00:50 CEST 2002

Hi August and Yves,

first of all, there's a small bug: shoutcast~ takes the number of channels as
first creation argument. This should allways be 2, even if encoding to mono!
I'll correct this for the next release where the first creation argument will
determine the number of inlets only, not channels.

Solution for the moment: use "shoutcast~ 2" and connect the audio signal to
both inlets.

Yves Degoyon schrieb:

> * read the code, Linux solution is more logic to my eyes.

in lame.h it says:

 * NOTE:
 * if gfp->num_channels=2, but gfp->mode = 3 (mono), the L & R channels
 * will be averaged into the L channel before encoding only the L channel
 * This will overwrite the data in buffer_l[] and buffer_r[].

and

 * NOTE:
 * num_samples = number of samples in the L (or R)
 * channel, not the total number of samples in pcm[]

Since we allways submit two channels and have to tell the encoder the number
of samples per channel I find the solution used for Win more logic.

Maybe the lame code has changed / differs between Linux and Win?

the confused
Olaf