[PD] shoutcast~ mono stream

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Sat Sep 7 04:28:36 CEST 2002

hi again,

i've looked into that further and the difference of includes explains a
lot !!

in fact, mp3 objects were not working with latest releases of lame
because of that !!

The includes ( mpglib.h, mpg123.h, interface.h ) have been bundled
with the objects because they are part of mpglib
( the decoding library included in lame ) and ARE NOT installed
system-wide when you install lame.

besides, they had to be modified to compile in the context of an extern.

so, i've updated these includes ( mainly mpglib.h ) in the linux
version of mp3 objects ( mp3write~, shoucast~, shoutamp~, mp3live~ )
and, thus, they work now with latest releases of lame ( > 3.90 ).

i think those versions are more stable so, as far as i could run some tests,
it's a kind of improvement.

if you update those objects, update lame also ( i used 3.92 ).

cheers,

sevy/yves

[root at dregs mp3live~]# grep 3.89 *
mpg123.h:#define M_PI       3.14159265358979323846