[PD] Patch for abstractions

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sat Sep 7 12:52:25 CEST 2002

Hi,
sorry, self-reply, but I found a problem while lokking inside my
patch:

Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> See attached patches.
>
> ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__

> #N canvas 0 0 509 418 10;
> #X obj 135 160 helper;

> #N canvas 383 354 450 300 10;
> #X obj 131 83 tgl 32 0 empty empty HELP 1 16 1 8 -260818 -1 -1 0 1
> ;
> #X obj 131 127 pack 0 symbol;
> #X obj 216 85 f \$0;
> #N canvas 0 0 306 176 1003-help 0;

This above actually should be "\$0-help" instead of "1003-help", but
if I replace it manually (Vim) with \$0-help and then open-save-close
the patch, it gets replaced with the current value of $0 again.

> #X text 53 80 This is the helpfile: Help;
> #X restore 309 51 pd \$0-help;

"restore" stays fine at \$0 although. Could anyone explain to me, what
the policy regarding $0-named subpatches is? Are they allowed, or are
they to be avoided? Also is there a way to have a $0-named table
object save its contents lika array does, without resorting to
loadbanged "read somedata.txt"-messages?

ciao