[PD] still no hdsp+alsa+pd

d13 dieter at klingt.org
Sat Sep 7 13:41:22 CEST 2002

hi list!
i got my hammerfall dsp card (pcmcia) working after a long struggle, but
still i can't use it with pd.
using the oss-emulation i get a lot of clicks and pops.
(works fine without X11 and pd -nogui, but thats not a solution ;)

using native alsa, pd refuses to start:
---------pd -verbose:------------
audio buffer set to 100
opening sound input...
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access (input): Invalid argument
Sample width set to 4 bytes
ALSA: set input channels to 10
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:292:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS
failed: Device or resource busy
snd_pcm_hw_params (input): Device or resource busy
pd: pcm.c:4358: snd_pcm_sw_params_current: Assertion `pcm->setup' failed.
Aborted

does anybody have an idea whats going wrong?
if someone is willing to help me debugging i will find out the lines in
s_linux.c where the errors occur.

thanks
regards
d13b