[PD] bugs and question

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sat Sep 7 14:31:09 CEST 2002

hi Miller, Mathieu, Thomas...

how about explicit rehashing requests, to be issued only in
well-defined circumstances -- say, via a ``rehash if threshold
exceeded'' message to 'pd', and/or, from within
canvas_start/stop_dsp()?

It seems to me, that otherwise (without rehashing) there will
remain a hidden trap, threatening in particular certain types
of applications (e.g. installations), because one cannot avoid
producing new symbols, even if in a very slow pace.

Krzysztof