[PD] subpatch always open

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Sep 9 12:33:24 CEST 2002

hi Maurizio,

the ``bad window...'' warning is caused by Pd trying to add
a dirty-flag mark ('*') to the title bar of the _main_ window of
an abstraction, while it is invisible, i.e. tk/tcl window does not
exist.  It is a (harmless) bug...

What might be confusing, though, is this --

each subpatch is being saved with a property of having its window
open (being 'visible') or closed preserved.  Otoh, the main window
of an abstraction is never open after creating its object box.

Perhaps, there could be a less confusing way of handling it --

an abstraction (its main window) could be made visible after
Or the opposite way:  ignoring the 'vis' property of subpatches,
if created from within an abstraction?

Krzysztof