[PD] writesf~ and dropouts

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Sep 11 12:09:28 CEST 2002

Hi all,

1. does anybody have any experience with streaming audio input via
   writesf~ to the harddisk?

   On my laptop with RME hdsp interface and PCMCIA, audio input works
   very well. But if I start recording with writesf~, after a while I
   get dropouts. No big clicks or reported underruns, but rather
   subtle skips of about 0.2-0.3 seconds in the signal. Increasing the
   blocksize to insane amounts doesn't help the least.

2. Did anybody succeed to get input via the spdif inputs of the
   Hammerfall? They supposedly are on alsa inputs 17 and 18, but
   nothing gets in. Judging from my setup with my Mac, I somehow have
   to tell the Multiface to take external sync, which lights up the
   spdif lock led. With my linux setup that led isn't lit up which
   might be the reason why I don't hear anything.

--
Orm