[PD] writesf~ and dropouts

d dieb13 at klingt.org
Wed Sep 11 12:24:48 CEST 2002

hi orm, hi list!

1)i had the same problem while recording.
i modified guenter's sfwrite and put it into the ext13 dir of the cvs as
sfwrite13~. my version does buffered writes of 8k at once (you can
adjust the buffersize) and i get better - while still not perfect -
results that way.
i still think alsa instead of oss emulation would enhance pd's
performance with hdsp.

2)the sp/dif (optical) inputs of my hdsp work with alsa(ardour) and
oss-emu(pd). they appear at channel 17+18.i did not do anything special
to make it work (my spdif-led on the multiface starts blinking green as
soon as a source is connected)

regards
d13b