[PD] Re: scaling pix_draw in GEM ,and GEM performance question

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Thu Sep 12 04:51:06 CEST 2002

Thanks Mark, Chris and Guenter for the suggestion to check that GL was
working. I looked at my X windows config file and it looks like GLcore
wasn't enabled. I did enable it and Gem seems to be running better. I'll
have a look at hdparm as well Chris,. One thing I would like to be able
to do is fade out a running mpeg movie. I tried using pix_gain which
works but slows down the mpeg movie. Can anyone suggest another way that
is less processor intensive. Thanks for all the help.
Jim