[PD] still no hdsp+alsa+pd

d dieb13 at klingt.org
Sun Sep 15 10:34:29 CEST 2002

hi all!

i CAN start pd with -alsa if my .asoundrc looks like
pcm.hdsp_convert {
   type plug
   slave {
         pcm {
            type hw
            card 1
         }
         rate 48000
         format S32_LE
         channels 18
   }
}

and my .pdrc looks like
-rt
-alsa
-alsadev hdsp_convert
-r 48000

but the sound i get then is incredible.
a osc~ 440 sounds like a c64-datasette played backwards...

as soon as i define -channels in .pdrc , pd will refuse to start with
pd: pcm_params.c:1051: _snd_pcm_hw_param_refine: Assertion `0' failed.

regards
d13b