[PD] gui [ot]

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Sep 16 12:22:50 CEST 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:00:24 +0200 (MET DST)
"Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Chris McCormick wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:21:17 +0200 (MET DST)

> > > Linux is a different way to think than windows and mac. You should really
> > > do everything in the console. It is faster and more powerfull.
> >
> > To me that's ridiculous. There's the right time for console, and the right time for a gui.
> >
> > Well, whatever floats your boat, i guess.
>
> No, please. I want to know when its the right time for using a gui.

You don't think Pd is a gui?

Also, what about if you have a directory full of 100s of mp3s and you want to selectively go through the list only deleting certain ones. For me it's quicker to use a graphical filebrowser and select the ones you want to delete using the mouse - far less keystrokes than typing rm filename.mp3 each time. Other operations i find it quicker to use the command line.

Use the right tool for the right job.

Chris.

ps sorry - i meant to post my original reply to [ot] but replied directly to you personally.
chris at mccormick.cx
http://www.mccormick.cx
http://www.sciencegirlrecords.com