[PD] trackers!?

David N G McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Fri Sep 20 15:09:11 CEST 2002

	Funny you should bring this up. I was just looking at integrating
trackers and Pd. Me also != a coder so I wasn't going the programming
route. But was tinkering around with MIDI trackers and maybe thinking of
just importing the MIDI files to xeq to trigger... whatever.

	What I did get working so far, which has been pretty fun, is using
the tracker live to trigger the angriff drums. But maybe a better use, and
truer to tracker style, would be just to use a VST sampler in Pd... of
course, then I might as well just use buzz.

	If you do want to check out MIDI trackers, at least in windows,
take a look at ztracker. My best find so far. It takes MIDi time clock
info, so there might be a way to directly use that to control the
tracker's play position from Pd, sync it, etc. dunno, still exploring
this...

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free