[PD] trackers!?

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 23 21:11:17 CEST 2002

Hi,
David N G McCallum hat gesagt: // David N G McCallum wrote:

> 	What I did get working so far, which has been pretty fun, is using
> the tracker live to trigger the angriff drums. But maybe a better use, and
> truer to tracker style, would be just to use a VST sampler in Pd... of
> course, then I might as well just use buzz.
>
> 	If you do want to check out MIDI trackers, at least in windows,
> take a look at ztracker. My best find so far. It takes MIDi time clock
> info, so there might be a way to directly use that to control the
> tracker's play position from Pd, sync it, etc. dunno, still exploring
> this...

On Linux, I can recommend Shaketracker (http://reduz.com.ar/shaketracker)
and ttrk, the last one being a bit limited. But playing PD through
Shaketracker is great fun: Shaketracker translates your standard
Mod-Effects to midi data.

One could also record all this to a qlist and run it again without the
tracker...

ciao