[PD] midi processing with pd

saylor at attbi.com saylor at attbi.com
Wed Sep 25 04:14:47 CEST 2002

Hi

I'm trying to do something with MIDI and I'm wondering if pd is the
right tool. Ideally, I'd generate a source file with midi instructions
in it and then pd would 'realize' it. I am a programmer, so I don't mind
writing code [but I can't imagine I'm the first person to want something
like this].

Or maybe pd can do it all [put data in an array and manipulate it with
pd objects] so I wouldn't need the generated source file. The kinds of
manipulation I'd do have to do with changing the tone color
[instrument], tempo changes, tuning manipulation [weird in midi, I
know], pitch material modification.

My needs are pretty minimal- ony 4 channels, nothing too fast or too
slow. Maybe my description is too generic, but if anyone has any ideas
or pointers [or questions], please send them out.

--