[pd] Cellular automata with pd

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at ryerson.ca
Wed Sep 25 19:43:47 CEST 2002

In that case what I usually do is make an object abstraction, which
contains just one object. I then make a abstraction specific receive (for
the colour) and use the other arguments of the abstraction for the x y z
position. Then I would write a script which just creates a patch with all
these objects. use that script generated patch in the main patch. This
way you never even have to look at the patch with all the objects, and
just send data to them through there local recieves. the object
sbtraction could be called like:

obj [ref #] [x] [y] [z]

Works well.

Also there is a pixdata object which gives you access to the pixel
texture data. (using big lists) another option is to write your own
external (say in SDL) which you just feed colour data and it fills in the
pixels in an sdl window. Well thats an idea anyhow.

Ben