[PD] Max/MSP vs. Pd [was: shadow patch bug]

nihil damabb at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 17:10:57 CEST 2002

> With graph-on-parent....

If the issue is expanding the user base, then perhaps
names for things could be a little clearer. For
example, Graph On Parent; I'm not a great programmer,
but I can get by. However, I still have no idea from
the name what GOP might be....

> Pd is best learned by clear, useable examples.

I absolutely agree with this. When I first discovered
PD, the example patches that came with the download
were invaluable - it was like reading a school text
book that actually did what it described.