[PD] Re: [PD-dev] PD canvas interaction - flext GUI

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 16 22:38:58 CEST 2002

Hi,
Christian Klippel hat gesagt: // Christian Klippel wrote:

> it is fairly easy to build own widgets...... the one and only "problem" is,
> there is only the unix/x11 version available for free (in sense of gpl
> software).

I really, really don't want to start a toolkit flamewar and I'm not
informed at all about the current license of Qt, but I think, that
this "problem" would be a Showstopper.

Pd is Free on all platforms and tying it with a GUI toolkit, that
isn't Free on some platforms is not a Good Thing, IMO.

It feel wrong to me.

ciao