[PD] bugreport: $0- in subpatch names

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Sat Oct 19 23:51:54 CEST 2002

I'm using the latest Pd release (the P4 optimised version) on WinXP.

         If you have a $0- in a subpatch name and change the subpatch name
after the fact, the subpatch's name (in the titlebar) appears blank. This
also prevents any messages being sent to that subpatch by name (like ";
pd-$0-subpatch vis 1").

         It does reinitialise itself if you close/re-open the patch.

         Here's a little example of it not working:

#N canvas 511 110 397 315 10;
#X obj 60 61 f \$0;
#X obj 29 110 pack f s;
#X obj 29 19 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 0 -6 0 8 -262144 -1 -1 0 1;
#X msg 29 133 \; \$2 vis \$1;
#X obj 62 39 loadbang;
#X text 38 187 Try the toggle. Then change the subpatch name and try the
toggle.;
#X text 36 220 Don't forget to change the makefilename argument to match
your changed subpatch name. (not that it's going to work any better);
#N canvas 86 281 387 85 Pd 0;
#X text 129 14 Look at my titlebar!;
#X text 93 42 Change my name, the makefilename argument and then try the
toggle.;
#X restore 260 80 pd \$0-subpatch;
#X obj 60 81 makefilename pd-%d-subpatch;
#X text 56 284 David McCallum \, 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca;
#X connect 0 0 8 0;
#X connect 1 0 3 0;
#X connect 2 0 1 0;