[PD] xeq & bending

Michal Seta mis at creazone.com
Sat Oct 26 09:07:58 CEST 2002

Czesc Krzysztof, hi all,

I'm trying to record into xeq_record.  The notes are recording fine, however I really need to capture the pitch bend messages.  I imported a midifile to take a look and I see how the bend messages show up.  I get:

0 1-track 224 112 65 1 ;

which I understand as: time, track name, pitch bend status byte (0xe0), lower 7 bits , upper 7 bits and finally channel number.  Right?

When I print from the [xeq_parse]'s 6th outlet I get: 14401
and I don't understand why...

bendin object lets me read a 14 bit(?) value for pitch bend (out the left outlet) and channel (right outlet).

Now comes the question you've been all anticipating:
How do I use bendin to record the bender data into xeq_record and stay compatible?

Or should I use midiin?

I tried midiin with midiparse (maxlib) but it seems to be converted to 7 bit so it wouldn't help...

Please, enlighten me.

--
./MiS