[PD] putting m_imp.h into /usr/local/include

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Tue Oct 29 02:29:21 CET 2002

Le lun 28/10/2002 à 19:46, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> Is there any reason why it would be bad to put the m_imp.h file from pd
> into the include path?  I guess technically these are not suppossed to be
> 'public' definitions, yet it seems that many externals need to include
> this file. Its not stuck in the $PREFIX/include directory.

Because PD needs a root directory, usually "/usr/lib/pd", it makes sense
to leave everything related to pd in that directory. There's many other
headers file, so in the case you'd like to put them under
"/usr/include", it'd be better to put them in a "/usr/include/pd"
subdir, which is not better than "/usr/lib/pd/include". If you really
want to, create a "/usr/include/pd" symbolic link to
"/usr/lib/pd/include". The "pd", "pdsend" and "pdreceive" binaries
better be in "/usr/bin", since they are executables.
--
Marc