[PD] jack trouble

david casal D.Casal at uea.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 11:58:41 CET 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I really can recommend the Debian-jack packages. The maintainer is
> doing a great work to stay up to date with Jack-CVS and if you enable
> capabilites support you can even run Jack as a normal user and still
> get high scheduling and low latency using the "jackstart" app in the
> Debian package.

Well after some grief with alsa rc3 for ppcc arch, debian packages for
Jack were indeed my salvation, thanks!

now I just have to figure out how to either make a whole bunch of python/C
behave from within pd, or jackify the lot...urgh.

my kingdom for Thomas's pyext signal stuff! (waiting patiently)

    ---
www.ariada.uea.ac.uk/~dcasal  --)+